Monday 28 July 2014

Frog vases

So we are back from the garden show and it didn't rain (woo hoo!) however have you ever heard the phase "you should be careful what you wish for" ? as instead of the predicted thunderstorm we cooked very slowly in sweltering heat!!

Never mind! I have a day off today, before we set off tomorrow for Sandringham Flower Show (the show is on Wednesday but it is set up day tomorrow).
http://www.sandringhamflowershow.org.uk/

We had a couple of our new line trials with us this weekend and one in particular seemed to be a success and that was the Frog vases. No not (as I first thought) vases shaped like frogs! but vases with frog pins in them.

In case you were wondering a Frog pin is the heavy metal spiky thing that you see flower arrangements made in......
One of our friends who does lovely flower arrangements took pity on the Potter when she was setting up (without me!) and did a mini arrangement in one of our new designs (using some supermarket bought flowers) and they looked brilliant.
And to be fair made them look approachable even to the least floristry minded like myself. (I was taking notes as I have a feeling the Potter may be asking me to do this in the future!)

This must have been a thought that resonated with our customers as we sold all but the ones with the flower examples in. The Potter has added more frog vases to her list of jobs for the next couple of weeks! Unfortunately there is no way of making them ready for Wednesday, so we will have to keep them in mind for next week.

I know you are all desperate to see a picture now.........
 
 
Sorry the picture is sideways! That seems to have been happening to a lot of my pictures today. Mondays are obviously sideways days!!
 
The Frog has 2 functions. It is heavy so stops the vase from falling over when making it top heavy with flowers, and it holds the flowers upright without the need for tall sides to the vase.
 
I realise that my picture mostly focuses on the flowers, but the vase itself is leaf shaped. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of them on their own to show you, but we had 2 different shaped leaf patterns decorated in a variety of colours.
I will get some pictures of the next batch to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment